Sunday, October 9, 2011

My first post!

Hello there!  After listening to General Conference I decided it's time to start a blog.   Elder Perry's talk about sharing the Gospel on the internet is my motivation.  I don't really know how to blog, so if you have any hints for me please comment!  How do you decide how much to share about your life and your kids? Am I just being paranoid or do you worry about people knowing all about your life?

Here is a link to his talk.  I am just holding an open house, right?

http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/perfect-love-casteth-out-fear?lang=eng

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're joining the blog world. :) I especially think you have a great motive. Looking forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, beth! love the posts, especially the hike. i know i only have two kids so my life is much less complicated but i felt kind of what you were feeling after penny was born: i seriously could not take care of myself and my family on my own. but i felt the love of the lord when my friend showed up at my door and i was crying and she took my kids for me for the morning, and my neighbor brought me dinner when i was about to have a nervous breakdown. now i feel so happy that i can help other people. it's all about seasons of life, i guess.

    as for advice on blogging, just be sure to always mention how hard it is to clean granite countertops, how your kids spilled soda on the leather seats of your brand new suv, and how you somehow managed to find time to bake a wedding cake for someone and put on an over-the-top birthday party for your one-year old. everyone loves reading about lives like that. :) ha! we did have a private blog and some friends of ours use code names for their kids. anyway, so glad to hear more about your family!

    ReplyDelete